What a Tenant can expect from FlatHomes Property Services
- Honest & helpful advice prior to tenancy
- Cater for all types of tenants looking for private sector accommodation.
- We can be flexible with length of tenancies on many properties.
- 24-hour maintenance team
- A variety of rental payment methods
- Hassle free tenancy
- No pressure to renew contract at the end of the fixed term
- Referencing provided at the end of a tenancy upon request.
Costs Tenants Can Expect to Pay
Before entering into a tenancy tenants we will expected to pay a holding deposit. Once referencing is complete the balance of first months rent and security deposit that is held with the DPS or insured with the TDS or MyDeposits must be paid in full.
The inital holding deposit will be is calculated at one weeks rent (based on the welsh government calculation of the monthly rent divided by 4.35). Once the referencing is complete this holding deposit is contributed towards the first months rent.
The value of the security deposit will either be the same as one months rent plus £100 or in some cases just the equivalent of one months rent. There may be additional costs if tenants have pets, so please inform us if you have pets and what type of animal/breed they are at the earliest opportunity.
What Tenants Will Require for Referencing Process
To complete the referencing process applicants will be required to do provide the following:-
- Fill out one of our application forms that are provide when interest is shown in the property
- Provide proof of employment wtih an employment contract
- Proof of earnings with your 3 most recent payslips or if you are a student infomation on how you will be funded.
- Copy of Passport and any relevent residency cards/visas
- 3 most recent bank statements so that we can confirm your earnings and that you are currently paying your rent on time
- A utility bill as confirmation of your current address.
If all this information can be provided as one so save time chasing up various documents we will then am to complete referencing in 3 to 5 working days, please allow for longer at the start or end of the month when there are normally more lets happening.
FlatHomes base affordabilitly on an applicant(s) earning x2.5 of the rental figure. In situations where applicants full short you may be requested to provided a UK home owner guarantor or pay rent in advance.
FlatHomes use Experian consumer checks for our credit reports on applicants. Should the credit report not show a statisfactory score then a UK home owner guarantor may be required or for the applicant to pay rent in advance.
Information required by Guarantors is as follows.
- Copy of Passport
- Proof of Home Ownership (Property Deeds or Mortgage statement from last 12 months)
- To fill out our guarantor application form.
- Proof of Address